The location - How to get here
Epirus is a region of north-western Greece with the Ionian and the Adriatic sea being its natural borders to Italy. Epirus is therefore the bridgehead of Greece facing the Italian peninsula and the western world.
GETTING THERE BY ROAD, BY AIR AND BY SEA
Map of Europe
Map of Greece
Map of Epirus
The main roads to get there are:
- ATHENS - KORINTHOS - PATRA - AGRINIO - ARTA - IOANNINA
- THESSALONIKI - IOANNINA [Egnatia Highway]
- IGOUMENITSA - IOANNINA [Egnatia Highway]
Reaching Epirus by sea
The main route in reaching Epirus by sea, is essentially the port of Igoumenitsa. Frequent links exist by Ferry-boat to Italy (Brindisi, Bari, Ancona and Venice) as well as Croatia and Montenegro.
Air communication to Epirus is being disserved by the airports of Ioannina and Action (Preveza). There are daily flights to Athens and Thessaloniki from where one can catch international and transatlantic flights to practically anywhere in the world.
There are also seasonal charter flights from London, Paris, Copenhagen and other European capitals to the airport of Action (Preveza).
The airport of Action is about 110 kilometers from Ioannina (the drive takes about one and a half hour), while the airport of Ioannina is situated just four (4) kilometers from the city center.
DISTANCES FROM PALLADION HOTEL
- 400 meters from the lake-side (Molos)
- 4 kilometers from the famous (stalactite) Perama cave
- 4 kilometers from the airport of Ioannina
- 20 kilometers from the Dodoni oracle and Theater
- Only 12 km from the unique Greek History wax museum by Paul Vrellis
- 150 meters from the Art Gallery of the city of Ioannina (1, Korai street)
GRAND HOTEL PALLADION
1 Noti Botsari St., IOANNINA
Tel. +30 26510.25856-9
Fax +30 26510.74034